About the events
- The chance to see and hear five of Britain’s top scientists, all working at the cutting edge of their specialisms.
- The scientists are carefully chosen for their ability to communicate with students of this age in a direct and exciting way.
- Improve your Science GCSE results with top tips on examination success from an experienced science examiner.
- Show your pupils that science really does offer solutions for many of the world’s great problems.
- Increase the chances of GCSE pupils considering science subjects at AS and A2.
- The day will be fast-moving, exciting, thought-provoking and will give students the chance to raise issues with the scientists.
- Each pupil will receive a well-produced booklet with details about each scientist, the lectures and some general articles about studying science and working as scientists – as well as a number of pieces from an experienced chief examiner on success with Science GCSE.
- The primary objective is to generate greater enthusiasm for science amongst GCSE pupils.